Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What I Want to be When I Grow Up

Last night, the hubs dropped a bomb. After working for 22 years and increasing in responsibilities, naturally, he feels he has to start from scratch. "no skills". "What do you think about me becoming a para-legal?" I seriously thought he was kidding -- along the lines of "Greeter at Wal-Mart" or "Taxi Driver". Nope. Serious as a heart-attack. 

What am I supposed to do? He's now looked - fleetingly - at job opportunities. This change of events happened for a reason, and he's freaking out now. Perhaps he can spend $65,000 and get a $35,000 per year job is what he's thinking. You know, if it is really something he wants to do, then I'm fine, but if he's already grasping at straws, well, we're going to have a little problem. 

We were going to have a run at a business, but now he's just jumping at "oh shit" level.




Where do I go from here. I am going to have to let him storm for a little bit, and if I mention that he should storm for a while, I'll just set him off. He's all about it's ALL about him now, and making me feel guilty if I don't embrace all of his flight paths.

I pretty much just wanted to throw up last night, thinking if I can't change this path, I can at least drop that last meal. 

I don't think he's seeing the big picture. If he takes a job that pays so little, we cannot afford insurance, there will be no money for life insurance, and we'll be another one of those poor couples who can barely eek out a living until they die with no insurance and the other one has to go live with one of the children in a back bedroom only to go just a little crazy. Suzy-Freaking-Sunshine, eh? 

Yeah, this is ALL about him and his well-being, until I'm the one who dies early and he goes nuts, or vice-versa.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment