Monday, October 7, 2013

Day One - The Search and Finding Center

We are NOW on the official first day of the unemployment/employment search/career makeover. I headed off to work, but he was up when I left. After receiving his regular WORK emails (his last day was Friday) all weekend, they closed his profile, so he no longer got those emails on his phone. He felt obligated (after 22 years, I think it was just habit) to respond to them in such a way that it didn't appear that he was still there, but didn't just flat out say, "I'm not there now!"
He has to determine where to file for unemployment. I think he can file where he worked. (we live in a community that spans a state line). Several folks I know who live in one state but work in another file in the other state (not the one where they live). He doesn't believe me. What can I say. I know nothing. I've accepted that.
I'd be happy if he cleaned or unloaded the dishwasher today. Most likely, he'll do some laundry and vacuum.
I can't begin to understand what he's experiencing. Yesterday there were some loud exchanges and then the rest of the day was silence. I don't know if I can keep myself mellow while he goes on this journey of self-discovery. I think this may be my outlet. 
Brace yourself, Eppie, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment