Monday, September 30, 2013

The Second Week, What Have We Learned?

We now have the separation agreement. Ironically, they notified him less than 24 hours before his 22nd anniversary with the company. So less than 24 hours gets him two weeks less severance pay.
It's good that this is a new start, a time for him to move to a new opportunity. Who knew that a new opportunity would be a good thing to us at this point in our lives.
I thought life would be more ... in control ... more settled. 
This is as much a challenge for me as it is for him. A challenge of confidence, compassion, strength, and faith.
So...tomorrow, I get up and start walking. Hit the treadmill and burn off some of this stress. Now is not the time to ask why I haven't done more with my life. Now is the time to support him, get him back on his path, and get our future secure. Lord, I ask that you lift me up to be a better person, to be a stronger person, and to be nurturing to this man who has dedicated his life to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment